Happy Anniversary to us!
HerScoop turns O-N-E on this first day of 2014. On January 1, 2013, HerScoop, a spinoff of Celebrity Baby Scoop, launched into the land of the internets. Instead of writing about New Year’s resolutions on the first day of the year, HerScoop talked about death in the first article: Dealing with Death: Don’t Do What I Did.
This was the beginning of many more chats about death and healing — a subject we will continue to explore in the coming year.
In celebration of our first anniversary, we’re taking a look at the top articles published on HerScoop over the past year.
In no particular order, click through the most buzzed about articles on HerScoop in 2013:
On religion – one of our favorite topics to discuss – we ‘went there’ in the following articles:
On this year’s hot mommy topics, we didn’t shy away from the following issues:
- Stop the Mommy Wars: Empowering Photo Series
- How to Talk to your Daughter about her Body
- HPV Vaccine Controversy: Is Katie Couric the new Jenny McCarthy?
- Is it OK to Distribute Plan B Pill in Schools?
- New York City’s Edgy Teen Pregnancy Campaign
- Chicago’s Edgy Teen Pregnancy Campaign
- Guest Blog: “Man Up” And Get a Vasectomy
- Should You Put Your Teen Daughter on Birth Control?
We dove into the holidays, outlining that society often places too much pressure on us to be perfect:
- Were You Disappointed on Mother’s Day?
- Was Your Mommy Ego Bruised On Valentine’s Day?
- Elf on the Shelf “Being Sold as a Spy to Judge Child Behavior”
- Is It Wrong To Lie About Santa Claus?
- The Sexualization of Girls At Halloween
We talked quite a bit about fitness and the fine balance between a healthy body and healthy body-image:
- Fitness Blogger’s Post-Baby Selfie: “4 Days After Birth”
- Fitness Blog: How I Lost My Baby Weight (& Got in the Best Shape of My Life)
- Facebook Censored My Fitness Photo
- Annoying or Inspiring? Maria Kang’s Fitness Photo
On the topic of death and dying, we explored the grieving process in the following articles:
- Top 5 Regrets of the Dying
- Dealing With Death: Don’t Do What I Did
- Steve Gleason Interviews Pearl Jam, Talks ALS & Fatherhood
- Fans Hold Vancouver Vigil for Cory Monteith
- Celebrating my Dad’s 16-Year Anniversary
On the topic of personal growth, we wrote a few popular articles, such as:
- 5 Signs You Might Have Bad Boundaries
- Beautiful After Baby: Mama Does Boudoir Photo Shoot
- Best Advice Ever? Fake It till You Make It
- Empathy Vs. Sympathy: How to Encourage Authentic Conversations
- An Open Letter to my 20-Year-Old Self
- Dear 20-Year Old Self…
- An Open Letter to my Unborn Baby
We got downright silly with these fun and funny posts:
- My 20 Year High School Reunion: To Go or Not to Go?
- Friday Funny: Awkward Pregnancy Photos
- The Mom Overshare: Enjoyable or TMI?
- Facebook Etiquette: 5 Simple Rules For Not Annoying Your Friends
We dove into the entertainment world with these thought-provoking articles:
- What Can we Learn from Today’s Role Models?
- Oprah Winfrey: “If I Had Kids, My Kids Would Hate Me”
- Reality Shows on Teen Pregnancy: Glorifying or Educational?
- Top 5 Mom Comments After MTV VMAs
- Support For Sinead O’Connor’s Open Letter to Miley Cyrus
- 10 Celebrity Moms Seen Breastfeeding in Public
Three cheers for everyday inspirational moms! In case you missed them, check out these amazing women and their stories of triumph, makeover and healing:
- Inspirational Mom Tania Ante Baron: T25 Changed My Life
- Alida Steele: On Inspirational Mom’s Makeover
- Lara Crook: One Woman’s Traumatic Birth Experience
- Tracey Arnish: Inspirational Mom & Community Leader
- GG Benitez: Inspirational Mom Living the American Dream
- Leanne Surowski: One Inspirational Mom’s Makeover
- Susan Beresford’s Story of Leukemia, Loss & Love
- Tania Orsetti: Inspirational Mom to Many
- Bri Oliver: One Woman’s Journey Through Postpartum Depression
- Christi Johnstone: One Woman’s of Adoption, Special Needs & Balance
- Teri Thorson: Inspirational Mom with a Spinal Cord Injury
Thanks to all our loyal HerScoop readers, and a warm welcome to new visitors! Please be sure to sign up as a member, link your favorite scoops, and share your comments in our articles.
What was your favorite HerScoop article of 2013? What would you like to see on HerScoop in 2014?