Feeling too old to have a baby?
Some of Hollywood’s leading ladies prove that age ain’t nothin’ but a number.
Let’s take a look at some fit and fabulous high-profile women that got pregnant and birthed their babies at 40+.
In the latest headline out of Hollywood, at the age of 49 (!), Love Actually actress Laura Linney and her real estate agent husband, Marc Schauer, welcomed a baby boy named Bennett Armistead Schauer on Wednesday, January 8.
Baby Bennett is the first child for the couple who were wed in May 2009.
That is fantastic news! Here’s a list of some other Hollywood moms who also welcomed babies at 40+:
- Halle Berry – Welcomed daughter Nahla at 42. Welcomed son Maceo-Robert at 47.
- Gwen Stefani – Currently expecting her third child at 44.
- Kelly Preston – Welcomed third child, son Benjamin, at 47.
- Monica Bellucci – Welcomed first daughter, Deva, at 40. Welcomed second daughter, Leonie, at 45.
- Mary Louise Parker – Welcomed son, William, at 40.
- Marcia Cross – Welcome twin daughters, Savannah & Eden, at 44.
- Julianne Moore – Welcomed her second child, daughter Liv, at 42.
- Susan Sarandon – Welcomed first son, Jack, at 43. Welcomed second son, Miles, at 46.
- Brooke Shields – Welcomed second daughter, Grier, at 41.
- Nicole Kidman – Welcomed first biological child, Sunday, at 41. (Her second biological daughter, Faith, was carried via surrogate mother).
- Salma Hayek – Welcomed daughter, Valentina, at 41.
- Madonna – Welcomed second biological child, son Rocco, at 42.
- Courteney Cox – Welcomed daughter, Coco, at 40.
- Helen Hunt – Welcomed daughter, Makena, at 41.
- Jane Kaczmarek – Welcomed daughter Frances at 42, son George at 44, and daughter Mary at 47.
- Holly Hunter – Welcomed twin sons, Claude & Press, at 48.
- Jerry Hall – Welcomed fourth child, son Gabriel, at 41.
- Meryl Streep – Welcomed fourth child, daughter Louisa, at 42.
- Iman – Welcomed second child, daughter Alexandria, at 45.
- Marcia Gay Harden – Welcomed her second and third child, twins Julitta & Hudson, at 45.
- Cheryl Tiegs – Welcomed son, Zack, at 44.
Congratulations to all of these fit and fabulous moms who had babies in their forties!
Did you give birth at 40+? Please share your story in the comments below.