They say a picture is worth a thousand words, yet to the mothers who participated in a recent survey conducted by our friends at Bravado Designs, the numbers reveal that the value is much greater.
Bravado Designs, a leading manufacturer of intimate apparel for pregnant and nursing moms, surveyed over 1,000 new and expectant mothers to gather their thoughts on sharing photos on Facebook and the findings revealed that:
- Nearly 90% of women somewhat to strongly agree that the ability of women to share breastfeeding photos on Facebook allows for a feeling of connection, community, and an appreciation of the breastfeeding journey.
- More than 90% of women somewhat to strongly agree that the ability to share breastfeeding photos on Facebook contributes to their feeling supported in their breastfeeding journey.
- More than 80% of women somewhat to strongly agree that the ability to share breastfeeding photos on Facebook helps women succeed in reaching their specific breastfeeding goals.
- Eighty-five percent of those polled have not shared an image of themselves breastfeeding on Facebook, though nearly 38% say they are somewhat to extremely likely to do so now that the images will not be removed.
- Nearly 46% of those polled feel somewhat to extremely comfortable sharing an image of themselves breastfeeding on Facebook.
Though there has been a great deal of breastfeeding backlash and a continued debate on whether it is appropriate for mothers to upload these images, there also appears to be a very positive outcome from the support of social media to show that breastfeeding is a very natural and beautiful process.
In celebration of breastfeeding moms everywhere, we are giving away the following prize pack from Bravado Designs (valued over $200):
- The Essential Nursing Tank in Mykonos Blue ($49-$60)
- The Bliss Nursing Bra in Chai ($56)
- The Body Silk Seamless in Jungle Berry ($49)
- The Bravado Essential Embrace Nursing Bra ($49)
- The Sweet Pea in Pink Lemonade ($34)
One easy way to enter: