Have you heard about the latest parenting trend?
After having three kids, I’ve finally found a parenting style that I can not only agree with, but happily promote.
It’s call the CTFD method. If you’re not offended by foul language, please continue reading about this innovative ideology, from fellow blogger The Daddy Complex.
CTFD stands for “Calm The Fuck Down” — and that’s not a message to give your kids. It’s for you.
Using CTFD assures you that — whichever way you choose to parent — your child will turn out just fine. The Daddy Complex kindly goes on to share some examples of how to implement this parenting style.
- Worried your friend’s child has mastered the alphabet quicker than your child? Calm the fuck down.
- Scared you’re not imparting the wisdom your child will need to survive in school and beyond? Calm the fuck down.
- Concerned that you’re not the type of parent you thought you’d be? Calm the fuck down.
- Upset that your child doesn’t show interest in certain areas of learning? Calm the fuck down.
- Stressed that your child exhibits behavior in public you find embarrassing? Calm the fuck down.
Keeping us giggling – and shouting out “hell yes” – The Daddy Complex continues to outline his effective parenting style.
To use CTFD, just follow these simple steps:
- Calm the fuck down.
- There is no second step.
I love this! And boy, did I need this advice after my first child. That being said, I might’ve been offended after reading this straight-forward advice when I was a new mom, and thus, not able to digest the true meaning behind this wisdom.
I’m happy to say that I, most certainly, have calmed the fuck down over the years. And, yes, I think my kids seem pretty well-adjusted.
So I can happily promote this parenting method to the masses. But what do you think about this advice?