The verdict is in: having a baby changes everything.
In a candid new survey, TODAY.com surveyed more than 13,000 mom and dads on everything from breastfeeding, to sleep, to sex.
Here’s some of the stats:
- 59% of women & 62% of men said they liked parenthood more than they thought they would;
- 65% of women & 37% of men want sleep over sex;
- Biggest surprise of labor for both men and women: how they felt about their child when (s)he was born;
- Most of the men felt they did the baby stuff (e.g. swaddling, changing diaper, bottle feeding, bath) well, but 46% of women said they don’t do these tasks well enough;
- 65% of men said seeing their partner breastfeed did not change the way they felt about her breasts;
- 60% of women said their ideal maternity leave is 3-6 months, while 25% of the women preferred a year, and more than 70% of working moms wished they could stay at home;
- Almost half the men said 2-4 weeks would be the ideal paternity leave.
What do you think of these stats? Can you relate to any/all of the above?