HerScoop LOVES mompreneurs with a passion for eco-friendly products, and a keen sense of super savvy tips.
So we are pleased to provide the following guest blog by Funkins Founder and CEO, Lisa Baumgartner. As a multi-tasking mama to Braeden, 10, Brett, 9 and Rachel, 6, Lisa outlines some great summer travel tips for fellow busy moms.
“Lots of families reserve the days between Memorial Day and Labor Day for summer travel. Whether it’s a day trip to the beach, a long weekend, or a longer excursion, the stress of packing and keeping tabs on precious belongs can take all the fun out of the trip.
As a mother and co-founder of Funkins, which was created to help reduce mealtime waste with reusable and affordable cloth napkins that appeal to both children and parents and is available in a fun range of bright colors and graphic patterns with 100% cotton cloth fabrics, low impact dyes, and lead and phthalate-free materials, I am happy to offer a multi-functional accessory!
Funkins can be used as a napkin or placemat, or can be used to refresh little faces and hands. Funkins are sold exclusively at www.myfunkins.com. Here are some other ideas I have pulled together to help other parents during their summer travel this year:
Label Everything: Mabel’s Labels, the market leader for personalized peel-and-stick labels for the stuff kids lose™, will help keep your belongings organized in check – and your kids safe:
- My 411 Wristbands disposable ID bracelets help keep kids from getting lost in crowded tourist traps. MSRP $21, www.mabelslabels.com
- Sticky labels, skinny-minis and write away labels can be personalized with family names and icons to avoid any mix-ups. MSRP $21, $12, www.mabelslabels.com
- Allergy Alert Labels can be customized with up to six allergies and are great for labeling food containers, first aid kits and travel gear. They are durable, waterproof and dishwasher safe. MSRP $21, www.mabelslabels.com
- Celebrities who use Mabel’s Labels: Victoria Beckham, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Gwyneth Paltrow, Reese Witherspoon, Tori Spelling, Jessica Alba, Heidi Klum, Kelly Ripa, Jennifer Garner, Tina Fey, Mario Lopez, Elisabeth Hasselbeck, Matthew McConaughey, and more.
Keep Kids Active While In-Transit: BabbaCo, the award-winning, all-in-one activity box subscription service, has a new Summer Survivor Pack that offers children ages 3 to 7 a summer-themed activity series that’s packed with fun and educational value – Deep Sea (June), Camouflage Animals (July), and Pirate Treasure (August):
- Families on-the-go can consider the digital membership, which allows online access to all the creativity, step-by-step video directions for four activities, easy-to-download printable activity cards, and a curated selection of book and app recommendations from BabbaCo’s panel of early childhood experts. MSRP: Digital Membership, $41/$13.99 per month, www.babbaco.com
- Celebrities who use BabbaCo: Brooke Burke, Ali Landry, The Guncles, Brooke Anderson, Mario Lopez, Trista Stutter, and more.
Save Money On Vacation Clothes & Gear: zulily, the leading online daily deals site for moms, babies and children, connects members with free, exclusive, and convenient access to top brands and boutique brands at an exceptional value. zulily has over 40 sale events daily that typically last 72 hours and offer a rotating selection of over 1,400 top-quality products to choose from every day, all at an average of 50% and some up to 90% off retail prices:
- Check daily for new deals on everything from children’s fashion to themed boutiques for everything from camping gear to beach gear to sports gear and more. www.zulily.com
- Celebrities who use zulily: Trista Stutter, The Guncles, Mario & Courtney Lopez, Melissa Joan Hart, Jessica Alba, and more.