The best affordable baby stroller does not mean that you must compromise on safety or comfort. There are many on the market today that are less than $200. You can even find ones that are less than $100 that meet all the US safety standards for baby strollers. Our article has many of the best affordable baby strollersto meet your needs.
Choosing the Best Affordable Baby Stroller—What to Look For
Versatility: You want to make sure that you can use the baby stroller in sunny or rainy weather. It should also be able to handle different terrains. If you have a newborn and a toddler, look for one that can support two children or goes from infant to toddler stroller.
Price: Before you start shopping, you should have an amount in mind as to what you can afford to pay for a baby stroller.
Safety: The baby stroller you choose should protect your child. It needs to have a 5-point safety harness. It should also be sturdy and not able to topple over easily.
Durability: The baby stroller you choose should be durable to last more than one year. Make sure that the frame is of good metal. The fabric should be able to withstand all types of weather. If seat covers are removable, they should stand up too many washings. The wheels should also be able to handle daily walks.
How easy to use: You are going to use your baby stroller for transporting them to the store, on vacation, on general walks, and more. You want to make sure that it is easy to fold, has storage under the stroller, cup holders and tray to hold drinks and snacks, great brakes, and easy to get the child in and out of.
Your needs and family: Before buying a baby stroller, look at your needs. Do you want a stroller just for outdoor errands, for travel, jogging, etc.? You also need to look at your family. Is there another child close in age? If so, you might consider a double stroller.
Accessories: A baby stroller may come with a storage basket, cup holder and tray for the parent and child, canopy, sunshade, and more. You need to know what accessories you want your baby stroller to have.
Wide base: The best affordable baby stroller will have a wide base so it will not tip over.
Practical brakes: You want to be sure that the brakes are easy to handle. Some will lock two wheels. Always make sure that your child cannot reach the brake lever. Also, look to see if it is a lever brake or a foot brake.
Single footrest: If you are purchasing a side-by-side double stroller, make sure that there is a single footrest that goes across both sitting areas. This will help to prevent their small feet from becoming trapped between the footrests.
Wheels: Check the wheels and suspension to make sure your child is going to have a smooth ride. The larger air-filled tires are better than the small plastic ones.
Handlebars: The handlebars should be solid so you can push them one-handed if needed. They should be comfortable to hold on to with a foam insert. Some are ergonomically correct.
Check for certifications: Every baby stroller in the U.S. has to comply with the mandatory federal safety standard. You should also see if it has a Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA) certified sticker. This means that the baby stroller has met not only the mandatory requirements but also their requirements.
Weight: Always check to see the maximum weight. Most are 50 pounds, but some are less.
Type of Strollers
Lightweight: These baby strollers generally weigh less than 15 pounds. They are easy to fold down and carry, take out of trunks, etc.
Travel Systems: This is a baby stroller that comes with an attachable car seat and a base for your car. It will allow you to move your sleeping baby from the car to the stroller and back. These are used for babies younger than six months.
Double: These strollers hold two children at once. It can be two toddlers or an infant and a toddler. Some have it where the older child can stand on a platform on the back or sit. They can be in configurations side-by-side or in-line.
Jogging: These strollers are built to handle the rougher terrain. They have built-up suspension systems to give a smoother ride. The tires are large and filled with air, like a bicycle tire. There are generally three tires with a front wheel that can be locked into a straight-ahead position or swivel. Most of these types of baby strollers are not suitable for infants younger than six months. It is recommended that a child be at least a year old before putting them in a jogging stroller.
Convertible: This type of baby stroller can convert from a single to a double stroller. These are good if you plan to have two children close in age. They can be in configurations the same as a double stroller. These can also refer to a travel system where you add a car seat until the child is old enough to sit up and does not need the car seat any longer.
Umbrella: They are referred to as umbrella strollers because they are easy to fold. They were designed to be simple and small with quick closing and opening. These are generally used for children over the age of six months when a child can sit up.
Standard: These should have bigger wheels that weigh at least 16-32 pounds, good storage, comfortable seats that can recline. They can be used for infants or toddlers. Some even come with a car seat adapter. They are heavier and a little bulkier.
All-terrain: These are like a jogging stroller, but these have a front wheel that is movable/rotating. It makes it easier to steer and maneuver on different surfaces.
Keeping Your Baby Safe
- Never leave your baby unattended, especially if they are a toddler. They could try to get out and tip it over trying to do so.
- Make sure any toys are fastened securely so you do not lose them.
- Always make sure that your child is buckled safely in the stroller.
- Use your brakes whenever you stop to help prevent them from rolling off if you should take your hands off the handles.
|Product Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Stroller Summer 3Dpac CS Compact Fold Stroller Graco Modes Click Connect Stroller Stand Sport Stroller Summer 3Dlite+ Convenience Stroller Wheelive Lightweight Baby Stroller BABY JOY Baby Stroller 2-in-1 Summer 3Dmini Convenience Stroller Joovy Caboose Too Graphite Stand-on Tandem Stroller Baby Trend Sit n Stand Ultra Stroller BABY JOY Lightweight Baby Stroller Buy Wonder Product Roadmate Multi-Position Compact Stroller||Stars out of 5 4.7 4.7 4.8 4.5 4.7 4.7 4.5 4.3 4.5 4.6 4.4 4.8||Price $109.99 $139.99 $179.99 $90.99 $110.80 $122.99 $159.99 $49.99 $161.99 $120.99 $139.99 $64.95|
The Best Affordable Baby Stroller
Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Stroller
This stroller has a steel frame with a 5-point harness. It has large bicycle tires so it can go effortlessly over all surfaces. It has a large canopy with a storage basket underneath. There are parent and child trays with two cup holders. This one accepts Baby Trend Infant car seats, which are sold separately.
This stroller has footrest reflectors that give you low-light visibility. It is JPMA certified.
- The front swivel wheel gives you easy maneuvering.
- The front swivel wheels lock for jogging
- Easy compact fold for travel or storage.
- Reclining padded seat.
- Ergonomically extra wide shaped rubber handle
- The age range is less than 36 months.
- Front-wheel problems with it squeaking, grinding, and even coming off.
Summer 3Dpac CS Compact Fold Stroller
This stroller has a lightweight, compact design to make outings easier. It has a padded carry strap so you can just pick it up and go. It will grow with your baby. With the use of your car seat, it will be a baby stroller and then a toddler stroller. There is a maximum weight of 50 pounds for the toddler stroller.
It has an extra-large canopy with a peekaboo window and a flip-out sun visor. It also has smooth glide wheels. There are child and parent cup holders.
- This lightweight stroller only weighs 17 pounds.
- Car seat adaptable. Just connect the car seat with the straps and no adapter is needed.
- Adjustable seat recline.
- 5-point safety harness.
- With the seat reclined, you cannot access the storage basket.
- The back of the seat is not very tall.
Graco Modes Click Connect Stroller
This stroller can be turned into a travel system with the purchase of a Graco infant car seat. It is three strollers in one and has 10 riding options. It goes from infant car seat carrier to infant stroller to toddler stroller. It has a convertible 3-or-5-point harness.
- A four-position reclining seat can convert into an infant carriage.
- The toddler seat is forward-facing with three-position leg rest.
- With the toddler seat, it has removable armrests so they can get in and out easily.
- 1-hand self-standing fold.
- The front swivel wheels lock
- Not an all-terrain stroller.
- Cannot fold it down with the seat is in the rear position. The seat has to be turned around before you can fold it.
Baby Trend Sit n Stand Sport Stroller
This unique stroller can accommodate two children sitting in a stroller seat or one sitting and one standing on the rear platform. They can also sit on the rear platform. Each child cannot weigh more than 50 pounds. With this stroller, you can use any Baby Trend infant car seat.
- Easy compact fold for storage or transportation
- Has a large storage basket.
- The front seat has a 5-point safety harness and the jump seat in the back has a 3-point safety harness.
- The canopy has rear and front sun visors.
- The footrest is not big enough for a toddler’s feet.
- Hard to steer.
Summer 3Dlite+ Convenience Stroller
The stroller has an aluminum frame making it a lightweight stroller. It is great for travel or everyday stroller. It only weighs 14 pounds. It has an oversized canopy with a peekaboo window and a flip-out sun visor. The seat reclines keeping your baby cozy and happy. In addition to the storage basket, there is a zip-close storage pocket.
- One-hand, multi-position adjustable recline seat.
- 5-point safety harness
- Compact fold with a padded carry strap.
- Lockable rear wheels and anti-shock front wheels.
- The canopy, though large, does not offer much coverage from the sun.
Wheelive Lightweight Baby Stroller
This lightweight, travel-friendly stroller will make outings much easier. It only weighs 14.33 pounds. It can be folded without much effort with a one-hand easy fold, and it stands on its own after folding. The frame is made from heavy-duty aluminum. The maximum weight for this stroller is 50 pounds. The armrest is detachable so your child can get in and out of the stroller with ease,
- An extra-large canopy provides your child protection from UV rays and the sun with a peekaboo window.
- Large seating area with cushy padding.
- Adjustable backrest with multiple recline positions.
- Has a removable shading cloth that will give the child a dark environment to rest in.
- 5-point harness.
- The front wheels rotate 360 degrees so you can adjust direction easily.
- This is a stroller that is not suitable for skating or running.
- Rear tires are molded plastic and smooth, not good for gravel or off roads.
BABY JOY Baby Stroller 2 in 1
This stroller comes with a foot cover so you can make a warm bed for your baby and protect them from the wind in winter. To keep your baby cool in the summer, just remove it. It is made from a weighted aluminum frame that is light but durable. It has an Oxford cover that is breathable and wearable to protect your child from harmful rays or rain.
You can easily operate the brake with foot-operated linked parking brakes. It comes with a large storage basket under the stroller. The push handle has a cushioned foam grip. The stroller goes from carriage bassinet to semi-reclined to sitting mode. The wheels are shockproof, wear-resistant, durable, and do not need to be inflated.
- Adjustable backrest to meet your child’s needs to sleep, sit, or lie.
- Has a 5-point safety harness.
- Tilt-adjustable sleeping cushion to help your child sleep comfortably.
- The handle you push as two conversions.
- Lockable wheels give you a sense of flexibility and safety.
- The maximum weight capacity is 33 pounds whereas the others are 50 pounds.
- The sleeping cushion needs more padding.
Summer 3Dmini Convenience Stroller
This stroller has a lightweight aluminum frame and only weighs 11 pounds. It does have a full-sized seat. It is a great stroller for everyday walks and travel. It has a multi-position recline to help keep your little one comfortable. It has a padded seat back. It comes with two cup holders and a rear storage pocket.
- Lockable rear wheels and anti-shock, anti-lock front wheels.
- Padded 5-point safety harness.
- Has an easy compact fold.
- The canopy has a flip-out sun visor for sunny days.
- Extra storage basket.
- The maximum weight for this stroller is 45 pounds.
- No adjustable leg rest.
Joovy Caboose Too Graphite Stand-on Tandem Stroller
This is a full-size double stroller that is maneuverable and compact. The rear seat holds a child six months and older while the front seat holds a child three months and older. If they are going to stand on the platform at the back, they should be at least two and a half years old. It meets Disneyland/Disney World stroller requirement size.
- The maximum weight is 90 pounds.
- Has a full-size removable seat.
- Multi-position recline in both seats.
- Comes with a universal car seat adaptor, which will fit most major brands.
- Has a sturdy steel frame with four-wheel suspension.
- Not a lot of room in the back for the toddler when an infant seat is connected.
Baby Trend Sit n Stand Ultra Stroller
The one plus with this stroller is that it has a large removable canopy that will shade your little one from the sun’s harmful rays. It also has a large storage basket. This one has a 5-point safety harness. The removable child tray can be used in the rear or front position. It has a foot-activated rear brake. If you decide to add an infant car seat, it will accept most Baby Trend infant car seats.
- This stroller is easy to fold with one hand.
- Can accommodate an infant car seat in the rear and front positions.
- There are rear and front seats along with a rear standing platform so there is room for two.
- All-wheel suspension.
- The storage basket is hard to access if a child is reclining over it and a car seat on top.
- Brakes are difficult to disengage.
BABY JOY Lightweight Baby Stroller
This lightweight stroller has a frame made of aluminum. It has a one-hand folding design where all you do is push a button on the handrail and quickly fold the stroller. You do not need to bend down. There is also a hidden pulling rod designed to pull the folded stroller.
The padded seat is made with skin-friendly fabric. On the canopy, there are two side windows and a skylight for good ventilation. The handlebar has a foam covering making it comfortable to push. It also has a tether strap that you can attach to your wrist. The four-wheel suspensions give you great shock absorption to make the ride smooth and steady. There is also a large storage basket.
With only one con being the weight limit and many pros, this is the best affordable baby stroller on our list.
- The backrest can be adjusted from 95-175 inches, so they have the right height for sleeping, sitting, or drinking.
- The footrest can also be adjusted.
- Telescopic canopy meets the needs of various weather conditions.
- 5-point safety harness.
- Foot brake between the rear wheels to make stopping easier.
- The stroller is made of odorless and safe fabric.
- Maximum weight 33 pounds.
Buy Wonder Products Roadmate Multi-Position Compact Stroller
This lightweight, easy-to-fold stroller only weighs 11.5 pounds. It makes travel much easier without having to worry about a heavy bulky stroller when it is folded. Underneath there is an extra-large storage basket. It has a stylish frame with two-tone fabric. This stroller meets all ASTM & CPSC safety standards.
- The backrest can be set in multi-positions to support your child.
- Has a large wide seat.
- 5-point safety harness.
- For additional safety, there is a detachable bumper guard.
- Swivel rear and front brakes.
- Full-size canopy.
- Foam grip handle.
- Cheap plastic wheels.
Some feel that the best affordable baby stroller will not have all that they want. They may even think that they will be so lightweight and flimsy that they are lucky to get one year of use out of them. Yes, some are like that but in our article, we have shown that this is not always the case. Many on the market are less than $200 and will last for several years.
If you have an infant, the best affordable baby stroller can go from infant to toddler so there will be no need to purchase another baby stroller when your child starts to sit up. There are even double strollers that are affordable if you have twins, or two children close in age. There are many affordable baby strollers in all different categories of strollers.