The best strollers with car seat, aka as a travel system, are a must-have for new parents. The stroller is a full-size stroller that you can use without the car seat. If you use the car seat, it just clips onto the stroller. Most of the car seats that come with the strollers will hold a baby weighing 4-35 pounds and up to 32 inches. By the time the baby reaches the maximum weight and height these car seats can handle, they will be ready for a regular car seat.
With this combination, you can easily switch your baby from car to stroller. Most of the cat seats that come with the stroller recline all the way. This will securely hold your baby inside. Once they become old enough to sit up, you will not need the car seat. They can sit in the stroller without it.
What to Look for in Best Strollers With car Seat
- One thing to look for is the JPMA (Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association’s) safety seal. This helps let you know it meets U.S. safety standards.
- Make sure that it has a secure harness. For most strollers with car seat, the standard is a five-point harness. It secures your baby over the shoulders, between their legs, and at the waist. When they are secured this way, they cannot slide or fall out.
- Look to see if it has a recline function. This is important when you are using it with a newborn. They do not have the ability to hold their head up or sit up. The infant needs to be in a reclined position so their head does not flop forward.
- The stroller should be easy to open and close with one hand.
- The car seat should be easy to install. Most feature a LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children) system in the base of the car seat.
- It should have a protective canopy of some sort to keep them shaded from the sun. These come in a range of styles and sizes. Some even provide full coverage of the front of the stroller. The canopy should have mesh panels to keep the baby at a comfortable temperature.
- They should have large wheels so moving the stroller is much easier. The front wheels should be swivel wheels that lock. This helps you go over different terrains. Although air-filled tires give a smoother ride, they will need to be refilled often. Most of them will have a suspension system with shock absorbers for a ride that is smoother. You should avoid strollers with car seat that have tiny plastic wheels. They make a stroller bounce around some.
- It would be nice if it had a large storage basket underneath the stroller. This would give you a place to put the diaper bag, or other necessities. It needs to be strong enough that it does not drag on the ground if it is full. The storage basket should be easy to get to even if the stroller seat is fully reclined or the car seat is in place.
- There should be good brakes. They can be hand-operated with a lever near the handlebar or foot activated.
- The handlebars should be adjustable and comfortable to hold onto.
- The fabric in the stroller and car seat should be easy to clean. Some systems have coverings that are removable and can be thrown into the washer. Some have stain-resistant fabric that you can just wipe off.
- Make sure that it fits in the back seat of your car so measure it to make sure the infant car seat will fit. You should also check the size of your trunk to make sure that the folded stroller will fit.
The Downsides of Using a Stroller With car Seat
- The car seats that come with these strollers are for infants only. As your child grows older you will need to purchase a toddler car seat.
- Even the ones that say they are lightweight, can be bulky. It can be tough getting it in and out of the car or trunk.
- They are not good for gravel or dirt roads. The reason is that they are heavier than a regular stroller, so it is tough to push them on surfaces that are uneven.
- Being a bit on the large size, they might be a tight squeeze when you go through the grocery store aisles.
- You can only use the car seat that comes with the stroller.
Why Choose Strollers With car Seat?
With some strollers with car seat, you can use the car seat as a carrier. With this type of stroller, it makes it easier to move the baby from the car to the stroller without disturbing them. Some of the best strollers with car seat have a stroller seat that reclines flat. This position will be used for babies six months or younger. When the baby gets older, you can adjust the backrest to a more comfortable, higher position.
|Strollers with car seat aka travel systems Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Travel System Evenflo Pivot Xpand Modular Travel System Graco FastAction Fold Jogger Travel System Graco Modes Element LX Travel System Safety 1st Smooth Ride Travel System Graco NimbleLite Travel System Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System Baby Trend EZ Ride 35 Travel System Chicco Bravo Trio Travel System Graco Modes Travel System Graco Verb Travel System Chicco Viaro Travel System Baby Trend Sit N’ Stand Easy Fold Toddler Baby Double Stroller Baby Trend Tango Travel System Summer Myria Modular Travel System Maxi-Cosi Zelia 5-in-1 Modular Travel System Baby Trend Skyline 35 Travel System Graco Modes Bassinet Travel System Graco Modes 3 Essentials LX Travel System Peg Perego Booklet Travel System||Stars out of 5 4.7 4.7 4.7 4.7 4.6 4.8 4.7 4.7 4.8 4.8 4.8 4.9 4.6 4.6 4.7 4.7 4.7 4.7 4.7 4.3||Price $199.99 $325.49 $269.99 $195.99 $159.99 $169.99 $279.99 $139.99 $370.99 $239.99 $143.99 $349.99 $389.97 $179.99 $299.99 $399.99 $179.99 $255.99 $208.99 $463.99|
20 Best Strollers With car Seat
Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Travel System
This stroller is for a baby from their birth up to 50 pounds. Forty-two inches is the maximum height limit. It comes with a multi-position reclining padded seat and lightweight steel frame. For easy strolling or jogging, it has a locking wheel and front swivel. The car seat has EPS energy-absorbing foam. This gives the baby superior protection from side impacts.
It also comes with a parent tray that has two cup holders. The push handle is ergonomically shaped, extra-wide, and foam padded. The adjustable canopy helps to block the wind and sun. The stroller folds easily to a compact unit with an effortless trigger fold. It has a one-hand-easy-access car seat release.
- Comes with a 5-point harness with a rear-facing car seat.
- All-terrain bicycle tires with the rear at 16 inches and the front at 12 inches that roll over all surfaces.
- The car seat is latched equipped to make installation easy.
- Reflectors on the footrest give you greater low-light visibility.
- The infant weight limit is only 30 pounds and length limit of 30 inches.
Evenflo Pivot Xpand Modular Travel System
This stroller can go from a single to a double and you don’t need any extra parts to do so. There is an easy slide and lock system that expands the frame in seconds. It can then accommodate an infant or second toddler seat. It has 22 configurations. With it being able to accommodate two riders, they can sit at different heights such as reclined or upright.
They can both be in forward-facing or parent-facing modes. The infant car seat sits on the frame directly. The toddler seat can easily convert to infant mode. The compact fold conveniently self-stands. The toddler seat is attached to the stroller.
- The storage basket is extra-large and expands over two feet in length.
- Can access the storage basket from the back or front.
- Large cruiser tires with rear-wheel suspension and front-wheel swivel.
- Three-position adjustable handle.
- If you want to use another infant seat, you must purchase another infant car seat.
Graco FastAction Fold Jogger Travel System
This stroller is a one-second, one-hand fold convenience. The air-filled rubber tires give the baby a smooth ride on any terrain. You can secure the car seat attachment to the stroller with a 1-step audible click. The infant car seat is a SnugRide 35 Infant car seat.
- You can easily transition from jogging to daily strolling with the locking front swivel wheel.
- For the baby’s comfort, the reclining seat is padded and offers a multi-position reclining seat.
- Removable seat cushion.
- Has reflectors for added low-light visibility.
- With the air-filled tires, they can go flat and will need to be pumped up. Does not come with a pump.
- Very heavy stroller to lift in and out of the vehicle.
Graco Modes Element LX Travel System
This is considered a 3-in-1 stroller. You have the infant car seat carrier, toddler stroller, and infant stroller. The stroller seat is reversible. The child can face the world or the parents. The car seat can easily transition from car to stroller and back. To keep the sun off the baby, it has a large canopy. There is also added body support to give the baby a comfortable ride.
- For storage, it has a one-hand self-standing fold.
- Has a parent tray with cup holders.
- Has a large storage basket.
- Comes with a 3-or 5-point harness that will grow with your child.
- Cannot put the car seat safely into a shopping cart.
- Does not tell what type of wheels they are and what terrain they can go over.
Safety 1st Smooth Ride Travel System
This is an all-in-one travel system. It makes the transition from car to stroller and back easy. The QuickClick technology secures the latch-equipped car seat to the stroller. The transition does even disturb the baby. The oversized canopy allows airflow and provides shade on sunny days. There is a storage basket under the seat.
It is a stroller that is designed for travel. It is lightweight. The stroller has a one-hand fold and when folded, it will stand on its own. The agile wheels provide good maneuverability around corners. It is easy to put it into park with the flip-flop brakes.
- Exceptional side impact protection with added neck and back support for newborns.
- Has an oversized canopy with a peekaboo window and flip-out visor.
- Has a 5-point safety harness.
- Is JPMA certified and exceeds ASTM standards of safety.
- Has four harness heights to fit from tiny too tall.
- Not air-filled tires.
Graco NimbleLite Travel System
This is a very lightweight stroller, weighing under 15 pounds. This makes it the perfect stroller for those parents who are always on the go. It has a parent’s tray with storage and cup holders. There is even a child’s tray with a cup holder when the child is older. The stroller folds down easily in one step into a compact fold.
It is ProtectPlus Engineered which means that the stroller and car seat has been through the most rigorous crash tests.
- Has a multi-position reclining seat.
- Can attach the infant car seat in one easy step.
- The wheels are made of lightweight molded plastic.
- The car seat can only be attached rear-facing to the stroller.
Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System
This is a flexible infant travel system with a SafeMax Rear-Facing Infant Car Seat and SafeZone base. The stroller-car seat combo features a modular frame with six modes. With the reverse mode, your child can face in or out. The stroller, without the car seat, can be converted to a carriage with a bassinet in it.
It comes with an oversized storage basket. There is a large canopy to keep the sun and wind off your baby. To make it easier to transfer there is a removable armbar. This will also help to improve comfort.
- With the stay-in-the-car base, you can easily connect from the car to the stroller and back.
- To make sure that the installation is correct, it comes with a SafeZone base with a belt lock-off system.
- Large cruiser tires with tread
- Ergonomic handle.
- The car seat has been side-impact and rollover tested.
- Weighs 38 pounds so a little heavy lifting it in and out of the vehicle.
- Only the frame is collapsible. You have to detach the car seat/bassinet.
Baby Trend EZ Ride 35 Travel System
The dual front wheels of this stroller are designed for maneuverability. The handlebar is height adjustable. The stroller has a padded seat with different recline positions. The car seat has deeper, higher side wings with EPS for side impact protection. The car seat base is installed with the seat belt or LATCH clips.
- A child’s tray for when they are older has snack/cup holders and it can swing away when getting the child out of the stroller.
- Both the infant car seat and stroller have a 5-point harness.
- Has large, soft head support that can be used in the stroller or car seat.
- Can be hard to open and close.
Chicco Bravo Trio Travel System
This is one of the top-selling travel systems on the market. It includes the top-rated KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seat and the Quick-Fold Stroller for streamlined travel. With the removable canopy and set, it can be transferred to a lightweight car seat carrier.
It has a UPF-rated canopy that has a peek-a-boo mesh window. The stroller has a large storage basket that you can access through the back or front. The large wheels on the stroller have treaded tires and all-wheel suspension so you navigate uneven terrains easier. You can adjust the ergonomic push handle into three positions. With no cons, this is one of the best strollers with car seat you can purchase.
- Has a secure click-in attachment via the child tray so you do not need an adaptor.
- The stroller is a one-hand, smart fold design making it compact.
- Premium LATCH connectors.
- EPS energy-absorbing foam.
- When your newborn no longer needs the body and head support, it can be removed.
- No cons.
Graco Modes Travel System
With this stroller, it is like you are getting three strollers in one. From infant to toddler, there are ten riding options. You get the infant seat carrier, infant stroller, and the toddler stroller. With the infant car seat, the seat attaches directly to the frame of the stroller. The infant can face you or the world.
When you are using the infant stroller, they can also face you or the world. The reclining seat has four positions. The toddler stroller’s leg rest has three positions.
- It is Graco ProtectPlus Engineered, which means it has undergone a combination of rigorous crash tests.
- For easy in and out, the armrests and child tray are removable.
- The 3- or 5-point harness will grow with your child.
- One-hand standing fold and has an automatic storage latch.
- For better maneuverability, the single swivel front wheel locks.
- Does not come with the infant padding for the car seat.
- Insert has no support for a newborn’s neck and head.
Graco Verb Travel System
This stroller with a car seat comes in pink or blue. It includes the top-rated Snug Ride Click Connect 30 Infant Car Seat. This system provides a one-step, secure attachment of the car seat to the stroller. You will know it is securely attached when you hear that audible click.
It offers a multi-position reclining seat. It comes with a large storage basket plus parent and child trays with drink holders.
- Great suspension to give your child an enjoyable, smoother ride on various terrains.
- The front-swivel wheel locks give you more control and easier maneuverability.
- One-hand, self-standing fold closes easily.
- Has a carry strap to make it more convenient.
- Wheels are on the small side.
Chicco Viaro Travel System
This stroller has a 3-wheel design and aluminum frame that is lightweight. It has an adjustable canopy with a multi-position reclining seat. It also comes with a large storage basket and child and parent traps with cup holders.
- Comes with the number 1-rated Chicco Key Fit 30 Infant Car Seat.
- 1-hand, free-standing fold.
- The car seat is easy to install securely and accurately each time.
- Does not come with a newborn insert but there is an infant pillow that is part of the carrier seat.
- The canopy on the car seat is hard to adjust.
Baby Trend Sit N’ Stand Easy Fold Toddler Baby Double Stroller
With this double stroller, you will, of course, get two car seats. The double stroller has various riding positions. The front and rear seats of the double stroller accept up to two infant car seats. Children can sit in the rear and front seats or stand on the rear platform. It also has a foot-activated rear brake.
- Car seats have a 5-point harness with easy one-hand harness adjustment.
- To eliminate the hassle of rethreading the harness, the seatback is height adjustable.
- Has EPS energy-absorbing foam.
- Adjustable 2-panel canopy
- With the size of the items in the package, the order may be shipped in multiple boxes.
- With this type of stroller, the weight per car seat is only 18.6 pounds each, a little over half the weight of one car seat.
Baby Trend Tango Travel System
This stroller with car seat is a super-fast-one-hand fold and when folded it is 30% more compact. The stroller is lightweight with a sleek design. It has a large storage basket under the stroller. It is easy to maneuver. It comes with the Ally infant car seat and base.
The car seat has higher, deeper side wings with EPS foam for side impact protection. It has a 5-point safety harness. It also comes with a 4-position height adjustment base.
- It states that it is also compatible with other Baby Trend infant car seats.
- The comfort cabin has an oversized canopy that has UPF 50+ protection.
- It has dual suspension and premium padding.
- The canopy has a visor and provides shade in every direction.
- Does not say what type of wheels the stroller has.
Summer Myria Modular Travel System
This is a multi-functional stroller with six modes of use. For the infant car seat, there is a reversible seating option. For infants, birth to six months, there is the carriage mold. You also have the toddler mode. All can be front or rear-facing.
The car seat has levels of SureShield protection with a FloatCarry handle. For infants under eight pounds, there is a lightweight seat that is designed to minimize strain on their bodies. It also has an adjustable canopy.
- The car seat base is steel reinforced and installs easily.
- The stroller is one-hand, self-stand fold.
- The adjustable canopy is extra-large with a peekaboo window.
- The storage basket is easily accessible.
- Adjustable recline.
- No infant insert.
- Does not say what the tires are made from or the type of terrain it can go over.
Maxi-Cosi Zelia 5-in-1 Modular Travel System
This stroller with car seat was built for comfort and safety. It has one of the lightest infant car seats. In addition to using the car seat, you can also let your baby ride in the carriage mode. The carriage mode can face front or rear. The stroller has adjustable settings to give your baby a smooth ride.
It comes with a large storage basket with easy access. The canopy has a peekaboo window and a flip-out visor to give the baby more protection from the sun. It is lightweight with a self-standing fold. The handle of the stroller is adjustable. It has a 5-point harness.
- Has a padded insert in the stroller for utmost comfort.
- Easy-to-clean premium fabrics.
- The car seat has self-wicking fabric to help keep your baby dry.
- Easy to switch smoothly between modes.
- When in the car seat, there is superior protection around the baby’s head to make the ride safer.
- The car seat only holds babies up to 30 pounds.
- In the car seat carrier mode, it only faces to the rear.
Baby Trend Skyline 35 Travel System
This stroller with car seat has a height-adjustable handle. It is also a 1-hand fold. It is designed with locking rear wheels and a swivel front wheel. It comes with a large storage basket.
- The 5-point harness has padded covers to keep the baby safe.
- Has multiple recline positions.
- Has a two-panel canopy with peekaboo mesh side windows.
- The car seat has a removable insert pad.
- Hard to fasten the buckle.
- Does not recline enough.
- No head support in the car seat.
Graco Modes Bassinet Travel System
This model comes with a bassinet stroller making it a 3-in-1 stroller. In addition to the infant bassinet, you have the toddler stroller and the infant car seat carrier. There are nine riding options from infant to toddler. The reclining seat easily converts to the infant bassinet in rear and forward-facing modes.
The large canopy has a zipper extension to ensure that your child has maximum coverage from the sun. There is a child tray with two cup holders. For increased maneuverability, the stroller has locking front swivel wheels.
- The infant car seat attaches to the seat or stroller frame with a secure one-step attachment.
- The toddler seat can face backward or forward.
- Has a 3-or-5-point harness.
- The handle on the stroller is non-adjustable.
Graco Modes 3 Essentials LX Travel System
This stroller can be used in seven different riding positions. It also offers a multi-position recline to give your baby extra added comfort. The reclining seat will easily transform into an infant bassinet. The three-wheel design gives you greater maneuverability.
There is an extra-large covered storage basket. The stroller will accept all Graco Click Connect Infant Car Seats using the one-click attachment.
- The car seat is Graco ProtectPlus Engineered. This means it has gone through a combination of the most rigorous crash tests to help make sure your baby is protected.
- One-hand, self-standing fold.
- The car seat base has a 3-step, hassle-free installation using LATCH or seat belt.
- Has a removable armbar to let your toddler get in and out with ease.
- Hard to steer.
- The tires are plastic and not rubber.
- Does not absorb the bumps or shocks on bumpy roads.
- The stroller is bulky.
Peg Perego Booklet Travel System
This stroller is made in Italy, which is why it is expensive. It comes with the Primo Viaggio 4/35 car seat. It attaches to the stroller’s retractable anchors directly without the need for adaptors. The innovative design allows you a quick and easy fold that closes inward to help keep the upholstery clean.
The stroller has an extendable hood that is UPF 50+ with a protective visor. It is a narrow stroller, only 20 inches wide so it will be able to get up and down the aisles in a store easily. The handle is adjustable with a hand-sewn eco-leather handle.
- The wheels have ball bearings and suspension for 360-degree agility.
- It is easy to push.
- Independent one-step rear brakes.
- Lockable front swivel wheels.
- Large storage basket that is easy to load and is expandable.
- The car seat has Energy-absorbing Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) foam throughout the shell.
- In the headrest, it has Expanded Polypropylene (EPP) foam.
- Very expensive
- The instruction manual is a bit confusing.
When talking about the best strollers with car seat, this does not necessarily mean how many stars it has received or is the most expensive one. It means that the stroller and car seat give you and your baby what you need to keep them safe. You want to make sure that there is an infant insert that will help to protect their head when reclining in the car seat. You want them to be easy to maneuver over all terrain.
The stroller should be easy to fold up and store. You want one that will be easy to lift to put in the car and fit there. Taking the car seat out of the car and onto the stroller and then back should be quick and easy. Check to see how many modes it has. In addition to the infant car seat mode, there should also be a bassinet mode and toddler mode, both forward and rear-facing.
Do your research, read the reviews, and then decide which ones are the best strollers with car seat. You should also check to see if there is a warranty on the stroller with car seat in case something goes wrong.